Thursday, August 16, 2012

I kill ants.

This year I decided to start gardening. There are ants in gardens and I hate ants. And in this one garden I have SO MANY ANTS. I move rocks and I see tunnels upon tunnels. I don't even want to know how many are there. I also see little white things which I tell myself are ant eggs (are ant eggs even a thing?).



I first sprayed them with my bleach household cleaner, and wouldn't you know those little buggers survived it? How do you survive BLEACH!? So again, I went to Pinterest. Pinterest has the answers for everything. I found this recipe at Crafter Hours .  I cut the recipe in half because I didn't want to have to store any left overs like the original recipe said I would have to.

Ant Poison Recipe
1/2 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs. Borax

Mix all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.  Then let it cool. It will thicken.  Pour into shallow dishes or I read to use milk bottle or soda lids.  I had some little dip bowls my mom sent to me and loaded them up.


I placed 2 on my back patio and 6 out front in my garden.  A few hours later I saw 4 of them filled with ants coming for dinner. Suckers.  So, with any luck, I should have killed a giant colony of pesky ants.

**Update 8/16/12
The ants took my bait. Now we will wait and see if they die off.  Their activity was significantly decreased from yesterday to today, so here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment